Cleaning, Trash & Recycling
Cleaning service in your building is provided by Total Quality:
- These services are provided Monday through Friday (except legal holidays) in the evenings.
- The cleaners generally arrive between 5:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. and complete their duties between 10:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- All the employees of the cleaning contractor are uniformed and carry photo identification badges.
- The cleaners have been instructed to always clean behind locked doors for your suite security and their personal safety. If you witness an open, propped or unlocked door by a cleaner, please contact Property Management immediately.
To ensure a clean and comfortable workplace, the cleaning staff provides the following services:
- Vacuuming in the common areas occurs nightly. Behind desks, corners and office space is done once a week.
- All unobstructed surfaces are dusted on a regular basis.
- The cleaning staff is instructed not to move or pick up objects on desks, bookcases, credenzas, etc., so only horizontal surfaces clear of objects will be dusted.
- The cleaners are also instructed not to use any polishing agents on furniture. If furniture needs to be polished, arrangements can be made with your cleaner.
- Trash Removal
- All wastebaskets are emptied nightly. Wastebasket liners are replaced as needed.
- It is not recommended that cups or cans containing liquid be placed in waste cans as this can result in spills on the carpet when the trash is being removed.
- Empty boxes should be marked "TRASH" or "BASURA" and left within the office.
- No trash is to be placed in elevator lobbies or hallways. Only trash that is considered "crushable" can be removed.
- Large items such as furniture or discarded equipment require special handling. If items of this size need to be removed, please call the management office and we will be happy to make arrangements for a special pick-up.
- As part of the daily housekeeping, recycling of newspapers, cardboard, glass, aluminum and mixed paper is provided.
- We will provide you with the appropriate recycling containers.
- Each workstation should have a deskside container.
- Copy rooms and kitchens should have large recycling container.
- Tenants who need additional recycling containers should call the Management Office.
Cushman & Wakefield encourages the adoption of the following measures:
- Doing away with or reducing the use of disposable cups and plates.
- Making double-sided copying a regular practice.
- Switching from paper message pads to e-mail.
- Using routing slips instead of making multiple copies of documents for distribution.
- Reusing stationery products such as file folders and paper clips.
- Donating unwanted books, office equipment and furniture to charities.
- Buying products made from recycled materials.
- E-recycling - includes computers, TVs and other electronic devices.
- The building also offers battery recycling and periodic recycling of electronics. We will gladly accept both your office batteries and electronics as well as those you may bring from home.
All batteries are accepted, except for acid batteries which are not allowed. You will be provided a separate container within your suite to store used batteries. When the container is nearing capacity, please submit a service e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to have the building staff empty your container. The recycling contractor will dispose of the batteries from the building’s central storage area on an as needed basis.
- The building provides pick up and recycling of electronics at least once a year.
- You will be notified in advance of the scheduled date and time as well as what is acceptable to be recycled. At the appropriate time you will be asked to notify the Management Team via an e-mail to email@example.com to pick up e-recycle items from your office suite.
- All non-carpeted floors are dry mopped or swept nightly, damp mopped as needed, and periodically stripped and waxed.
- When the cleaning supervisor is scheduling floor waxing in your suite, you will be given advanced notification to clear any boxes, furniture etc. out of the area.
- There are certain tasks not covered in the cleaning contract for which your company is responsible. One task is carpet shampooing. We recommend a regular contract for carpeting to properly maintain it. Your property manager can recommend several carpet care companies if you would like assistance.
- Other areas requiring special attention are kitchens, private bathrooms or showers, and interior glass partitioning.
- Arrangements can be made through your Property Manager if you require special cleaning in these areas.
- The perimeter windows in the building are washed inside and outside twice a year.
- You will receive advance notification of the dates the window washers arrive.
- Restrooms are scrubbed and disinfected nightly.
- They are restocked each night.