The McPherson building was awarded LEED® Platinum Certification in 2013, making it only the 8th building in Washington, DC to achieve this accolade. LEED is the nation's most recognized program for the design and operation of high performing buildings. LEED was established by the U.S. Green Building Council and is verified by the Green Building Certification Institute.
How did the McPherson Team achieve the highest level of certification?
- With your help! Over 75% of tenants in the building travel to work using alternative transportation.
- The building was also able to divert over 60% of the waste stream to recycling!
- Throughout the process the building maintained an Energy Star Score of 92.
- The engineering team worked vigorously to ensure optimal indoor environmental quality.
- The building's energy consumption was offset with Renewable Energy Credits generated by wind power.